Wednesday 30 November 2011

A happening in my palazzo

We usually have some sort of gathering over the festive period.

We made ourselves very unpopular with the neighbours last year by indulging in a raucous karaoke session. Oh dear, don't they know they are living next door to undiscovered musical stars?

And it wasn't the kids' fault; ours, plus the offspring of our friends, played happily and quietly on the Wii, while the adults got drunk and belted out a tune or two.

So I am thinking ahead. What can I wear? 

I think I have the answer. 






Groovy baby! It's a homemade 1960s palazzo pant jumpsuit, for want of a snappier title, in the most fabulous vibrant Pucci-esque psychedelic print.






I love love love it, so even though it's too small on the booboids, I am determined to winch myself into it.




I recently commented in a message to the divine Sarah Misfit that I though I love her spectacular jumpsuits, I couldn't possibly wear one. She, quite rightly, responded that I was talking crap - why ever not? So I have been on the look out for one to see who's right.

What's the verdict?

I am keeping stellar company with these beautiful jump/catsuit wearing hotties.


                                                                                  Sarah


                                                                                  Vix


                                                                          Desiree


Aren't they gorgeous?

I don't know what it is about this item of clothing, but it seems to bring out the interpretive dancer in me.



Look at those fuck-off palazzo legs!
I am referring to the jumpsuit, not mine.

Don't ask me what I'm doing. I have no idea, I just came over a bit strange.
Channelling Martha Graham?



The ability to laugh at one's own foolishness is necessary for the maintenance of sanity, I find.

19 comments:

Vintage Sweetheart said...

You look awesome! The jumpsuit isn't my friend but I love it on you ladies. So many of my photo outtakes have me laughing at the silly poses I do for my blog.

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Excellent. We need someone else in addition to Vix to fly the flag for the UK. The booboids will just have to suffer for your art! You look rather like one of those art deco bronzes in the third pic of your grid - I'm impressed at your flexibility.

I have a wide leg vintage jumpsuit myself, but it's black (slaps wrist)

mispapelicos said...

Absolutely fabulous, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Vix said...

I'm tempted to say that it looks awful and doesn't suit you at all but that would be a downright lie! You look fabulous and with your long legs a catsuit is perfection on you. Send some of that excess boobage my way.

I can't stand Xmas, I can't believe I'm going to be stuck here throughout the festive season. I might have to invent an advent calender of booze so I can get drunk every day. xxxxx

Krista said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE OMG seriously LOVE this on you! The print has my heart racing and you look divine! Here's to pissing off the neighbors (boring old farts!)

Vintage Coconut said...

Hello Curtise,
You post has went well with my morning coffee.
You look absolutely divine in this jumpsuit. The pattern is so damn funky it's perfect for the holiday season. I am liking the blue hair flower too!
You cracked me up with your interpretive dance moves. *Such GRACE you have.* I would have been laying on the floor in pic number 4.
*hahaha*

(You know I always wanna go do kareoke "I never EVER have" But I know it would take me being plastered out of my brains to get up and sing.)

P.s. I suppose the kitties were busy elsewhere when you took your photos *hehe* I always peek here and there to see if they will pay us a visit.

Unknown said...

Blinking heck WOW ;-)) You look amazing that soooooooooooooooo suits you ;-)) The colours and the cut are just made for you. And blimey you can raise your leg high ;-)) You go girl....have a fun week, dee xx

Nelly said...

Oh yummy Love that outfit and love the yoga poses to

Kitty said...

Oh wow what a stunning jumpsuit, you're crazy if you think you can't wear something like that! And just think how much better (or worse??) your karaoke will sound this year when sporting that suit!!! Boob size reduction tip; find an original 40s bra, they look pointy but in fact work just like a minimiser.xx.

Unknown said...

i simply love it and suits you! I am forever looking at jumpsuits, pallazo pants and suits, for me it is finding the right one for me! I have a similar dress that i found this summer and love it!

I am not crazy about X-Mas as well, this year can not do much with the tendinitis, Mr. D will have to do most of the work!

Ariane

Unknown said...

i simply love it and suits you! I am forever looking at jumpsuits, pallazo pants and suits, for me it is finding the right one for me! I have a similar dress that i found this summer and love it!

I am not crazy about X-Mas as well, this year can not do much with the tendinitis, Mr. D will have to do most of the work!

Ariane

Anonymous said...

Augh

Jealous.

two squirrels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
two squirrels said...

Oh that is one fabulous jumpsuit and looks amazing on you!!!
What a wonderful group of gorgeous "Jumpsuit" wearing ladies. V

Unknown said...

SPECTACULAR!!!

See! I'm so glad you took my loving advice (!?) - you look seriously AMAZING in that FABULOUS jumpsuit and interpretive dance is ESSENTIAL when wearing vintage jumpsuits! The super wide palazzo pants are splendiferous and the fabric is divine - hoenstly, I'm never going to run out of adjectives...

PLEASE invite me for karaoke - get the wind machine ready as I adore any Bonnie Tyler classic!

You ROCK, Curtise!

Love! Sarah xxx

Mimi and Tilly said...

Good God woman how can you get your leg so high? I am totally loving your catsuit and think you look ruddy amazing. I've decided I'd like one too. I've got my sense of humour back and just because I can't do as much as I used to be able to do doesn't mean I can't look fantabulous while not doing it! If you know what I mean. I think a cat suit is just what the doctor ordered. Thank you for your lovely words on my blog last week. I'm doing a whole heap better this week as far as my sense of humour is concerned. As far as energy goes, well, I'm just rolling with the punches on that score, but to do so in a catsuit would make me feel very sassy. Em x

Unknown said...

I had to come back for another look. Yep, still FABULOUS.

S xxx

Natalia Lialina said...

Your closet is full of treasures!! This one is so cool - you look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

your jumpsuit is really pretty and i like the way it looks on you